The Beauty Bug first must apologize for not posting more over her vacation…She just couldn’t out down her margarita long enough to type a single sentence.
Anyways, She’s back, and ready for September and all the new fall makeup, but, for all those of you who are still planning on taking a vacation to a tropical locale – here’s some beauteous tips for you:
- Pack mineral makeup – The Beauty Bug is currently wearing Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder. It provides just the right amount of coverage, while still letting your natural tan show through (for The Beauty Bug, being here in St. Maarten just means getting more and more freckles). Also, if you’re out late, or just drained from the sun, and you just don’t have it in you to wash your face – you’ll be A-OK.
- Bargain with the natives and buy perfume. The Beauty Bug scored the big bottle of KenzoAmour for $60 (Thanks Beauty Bug Boyfriend), while it’s normally $85 at home in the States.
- Pack lightly – lip gloss, mascara, and face powder – The Beauty Bug left all her eye shadows at home this week and didn’t miss them at all. Her makeup routine took about 2-3 minutes each night – while She’ll be happy to go back to her regular, longer, more-detailed application process – this week was quite liberating.
- Don’t bring any makeup along with you to the beach – not even lip gloss.
- Sunscreen is your new best friend – this week The Beauty Bug couldn’t get enough of it.