Happy Valentine’s Day!
It’s a beautiful day here on the east coast – and even The Beauty Bug Boyfriend is getting into the Valentine’s Day spirit. In a role reversal of sorts, He wore red to work today, and The Beauty Bug wore black.
The Beauty Bug hopes that everyone is wined, dined, and pampered today!
That being said, being wined and dined can lead to nasty, foul breath. Between 14 and 25% of Americans have chronic bad breath. Read below before you go out tonight – don’t say The Beauty Bug didn’t try to help you out!
When Placing Your Order…
- Meat eaten in large quantities can cause bad breath, mostly due to the digestion process, which begins in the mouth.
- Carbohydrates cause the strongest odors in the mouth – sugars, starches, and cellulose
- Milk intolerance is also a cause of bad breath. If you are sensitive to dairy products – steer clear of ice cream desserts!
After Your Meal…
- Lick the inside of your wrist. This is the best test to see if your breath is foul.
- Use dental floss. Bad breath can be caused by food caught in your teeth.
- Chew your garnish! Parsley is a well-known home remedy for bad breath.
- Order the fruit dessert. Fresh fruits help cleanse the mouth after a meal and flush away odor-causing bacteria
At the Bar…
- Mojitos contain lots of fresh mint, so order one and ask for an extra mint garnish to chew on after you finish your drink.
- Water will help thwart the dehydration effect of alcohol. Order one glass of water for every drink and you’ll stay sober and sweet!
- Alcohol consumption causes digestive problems which leads to bad breath. In addition, alcohol dries out the mouth, which reduces saliva production.
Here’s to fresh breath, roses, red lip stick and chocolates!