From a nighttime moisturizer that promises to be “good in bed”, to Demeter’s new Frozen Margarita fragrance made with real lime juice, The Beauty Bug brings you a preview of all the new products that will be hitting the counters and shelves this month.**Please be aware that the following is simply a preview. For individual products reviews, continue to check back throughout the course of the month.**
For the Face and Body (skincare)…
- Kiehl’s Superbly Restorative Body Lotion and Dry Oil - This new collection helps to restore and maintain hydration, elasticity, and smoothness of skin and hair. The lotion is a light-weight hydrating, antioxidant moisturizer that promises to protect skin’s moisture barrier, restores tonicity, and provide a radiant, healthy-looking skin tone and texture. The multi-purpose dry oil for the face, body and hair protects and smooths skin, while improving the appearance of skin tone and radiance. When used on hair, the emollient formula helps to smooth split ends and adds a healthy sheen to hair. Available April 1.
- Prescriptives Good In Bed Skin Restoring Night Moisturizer – Containing shea butter, glycerin, and Vitamin E, this new formula promises to soothe and condition skin, while grapefruit extracts re-texturize, brighten and reduce the appearance of fine lines. Available April 1.
- Awake’s Polyphection Wash and Polyphection Fluid Cleanse – Two new additions to the Polyphection collection, the wash and the fluid cleanse are both mild formulas containing Lavender Polyphenols (a fancy word chemicals found in plants that contain antioxidants). The wash is a foaming cleanser that develops into a creamy lather, and the fluid cleanse a milky, lightweight pre-cleanser that gently removes makeup. Available April 1.
- Seikisho Exfoliating Massage Gel – How much exfoliation is enough on a daily basis? No more wondering with this color-changing gel. The black gel turns gray in color, indicating that the exfoliating action is complete revealing a smoother complexion. The Beauty Bug will bring you a full product review later in the month. Available April 1.
- Weleda Birch Body Scrub – Beeswax, carnauba wax and Castor oil plant wax are bound into round pearls to exfoliate and revive skin. The not-so-secret, yet powerful ingredient – organic Birch leaves, known for their purifying and detoxifying effects. Available April 1.
- Demeter Frozen Margarita Pick-Me-Up Cologne Spray – Since The Beauty Bug is a lime lover, this is one the product’s that She’s most excited about this month. Made with read lime juice, The Frozen Margarita Cologne Spray crisp, fresh cool and citrus-y. Best thing about this fragrance – it can be used anytime, anywhere and contains no added sugars! Available late April.
- Lancome Collaser-5X Face and Eye – A follow-up to the best-selling, cult-classic, Collaser-48, the new formula is inspired by cutting-edge laser therapy advancements and contains a complex that targets five key types of collagen that make up more than 80% of collagen in the skin. With the addition of new ingredients, the face and eye serum promise to improve skin tone (by improving surface cell turnover) and diminish the appearance of fine line and wrinkles. Available April 1.
For the hair…
- Yes to Carrots Hair and Scalp Mud Mask – Priding themselves in offering paraben-free hair, body and facial products, Yes to Carrots utilizes detoxifying and moisturizing Dead Sea Mud in all of its’ products. The hair mask contains extracts of carrot, pumpkin, orange & honey — rich with Beta-carotene, Alpha-carotene, Vitamin E and other enzymes, the mask promises to keep your locks in tip-top condition.
- Alterna’s Caviar Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner – An extension of The Beauty Bug’s favorite Alterna line, the Caviar Blonde products are exclusively for blonde/gray hair. Although She’s not a blonde, The Beauty Bug found it interesting that these products contain optical brighteners, something commonly used in skincare. These brightener diffuse the darker tones in blonde hair and reflect the light, making hair look bright, light, and shiny. All the products are paraben-free, sulfate-free, and have full UVA/UVB protection. Now, if only they’d launch a line for brunettes….In stores April 1.
For the Face (makeup)…
- Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 – Available in 18 shades, Clinique’s new formula promises to stay put for 8 hours providing long-lasting, high
shine with the added benefit of SPF 15. The Beauty Bug is looking forward to trying Knockout Nude, pictured above. Available on counters mid-April.
- DuWop Cheek Venom – After the stunning success of Lip Venom, DuWop introduces this new product, a conditioning blush that contains long-lasting pigments that will leave a trace of color that lasts all day. Best thing about this blush? It contains a carefully balanced blend of silicones and hyaluronic acid to hydrate and condition as well as firm and tighten the skin.In-stores April 15.
- DuWop Revolution Body – This cult favorite is being re-launched this month, with brand new packaging and a more user-friendly formula. A moisturizer that contains SPF and a subtle hint of shimmer and bronzing pigment, this re-launch is sure to catch the eye of The Beauty Addict, who is a huge fan of Revolution Face.
- Physician’s Formula Brow Tweez – One word – genius. The Beauty Bug knows She needs this, so why has someone only just launched this? An all-inclusive grooming brow tool for brow touch-ups anytime, anywhere, the tweezer and eye liner “set” includes a genuine stainless steel tweezer, a wax-based brow pencil, and a natural fiber brush shaper for blending and shaping. Available April 1.
- Physicians Formula Plump Potion Lash Plumping & Stimulating Mascara - This product promises instant drama with its Pro Plumping Precision Wand that was inspired by makeup artists. The mascara features ActiPlump™, Physician Formula’s exclusive Advanced Lash Maximizing Technology for instant and long-term effects. Other new Physicians Formula products include the Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Shadow and Liner palette, and Eye Definer Felt Tip Eye Marker in new shades. All are available April 1.
- Lancome Cabana Bronze Summer Collection – Picture yourself poolside, as you put your Pina Collada down you reach for Limited-Edition Lancome Star Bronzer Sun Cherub Compact for a touch-up! The new Lancome Cabana Collection is the just that – the perfect poolside companion. The Cherub compact houses a sea of light and dark bronze shade for customizable color, and the Color Design Cabana Bronze Eye Shadow Palettes are available in Cabana Sunrise (pinks, lilacs and browns), and Cabana Sunset (golds and deep browns). Available on Lancome counters in mid-April.
- Bobbi Brown Quick Face Collection – Designed for those who apply in the car on in the subway and are always on-the-go, the collection features four new limited edition Lip Crayons, a Mini Tube Tint Set, and five new shades of Bobbi’s popular Long-Wear Cream Shadow. Available April 1.
Bee in the know – check in with The Beauty Bug at the beginning of every month to preview the newest launches!
Have a new product that’s launching? Email The Beauty Bug to let Her know!