“Is that lipstick you’re wearing?” a co-worker of The Beauty Bug’s questioned. “It looks so pretty, I’m just not used to seeing you wear it,” She continued.
Lipstick, no. One of Bobbi Brown’s new Lip Crayons, yes. These new little chubby lip pencils were making all of The Beauty Bug’s co-workers look twice. Part of Bobbi’s new Quick Face Collection, the pencils come in four different shades – Nude Berry, Red Plum, Naked Pink and Warm Rose. The Beauty Bug’s favorite and the most universally flattering is Nude Berry – a gorgeous medium berry tone with natural undertones. Here’s what you need to know about these new crayons:
- Unlike most other pencils, they aren’t super-drying. They crayons have a hint of moisture that keeps your lips from having that flaky, dried out feeling/look.
- The pencils have a velvety, matte texture, and wear very well – similar to a stain. The Beauty Bug checked her lips at lunch time after She applied them at about 8:30AM, and they looked freshly applied. The Beauty Bug, who is a regular gloss wearer, welcomed the texture change, but for those who don’t like thicker-based lip products, this may not be for you.
- While they are part of the Quick Face Collection, The Beauty Bug wouldn’t call these products very on-the go. As with any pencil, they do take an extra second to put on to ensure that the color is even and within the outline of your lips. That being said, the extra 30 seconds or so is well worth it and will save you time later in the day when you don’t have to reapply.
- They are Limited Edition, so get them while you can!
- The crayons conveniently come with a sharpener to fit their chubby heads!
The Bobbi Brown Lip Crayons are $22 and are available at BobbiBrownCosmetics.com.