Whether you’ll just admire them, or use them everyday, make room for these powders in your makeup bag.
1) Shu Uemura’s Tsumori Chisato Limited Edition Duo Color Highlighter Golden Snow – From the Shu holiday collection, a partnership with Japanese artist Tsumori Chisato, this celestial “lucky cat” compact is The Beauty Bug’s favorite product from the collection. Sweep this sheer warm silver powder over blush, or use it as a highlighter on the brow bone and reveal an ethereal glow. Dazzle like an ice queen, or delicately twinkle like a fairy with this powder. $40*
2) Lancome’s Sparkling Cherub Sheer Warm Illuminating Powder – The Beauty Bug wore this powder today, and as soon as She got to work one of Her co-workers immediately said, “There’s something different with your makeup today, you’re glowing!” Coated with a thin layer of adult glitter (not too flashy, juvenile or over done, and very flattering) that will dissipate after the first few applications, the powder is a gorgeous, radiant shade that adds life to your face. She uses this Coastal Scents Italian Badger Buffer Brush to apply and buffs, buffs and then buffs some more. Definitely the stand out in Lancome’s Holiday Collection. Besides, who can resist a chubby cherub holding a heart? $40*
3) Prescriptives Limited Edition Lustre Cheek Color – Housed in a festive Holiday compact adorned with snowflakes, this powder is probably one of the most subtle and understated of the bunch, but shouldn’t be overlooked. Apply to the apples of cheeks for that fresh-out-of-the-cold look. $24*
4) Estée Lauder 5-Tone Shimmer Powder – This versatile, multi-tone powder is a winner because of it’s silky-fine finish and the natural, radiant flush it creates on the skin. The colors are beautifully sheer, and iridescent. Available in two shades, pink shimmer and bronze shimmer, it can be used all over the face, and on eyes. Fair skinned ladies, opt for the pink shimmer; ladies with deeper, olive skin opt for the bronze shimmer. Add a layer over your blush to brighten, and finish. Insta-glow. Plus – it’s one of two products mentioned that’s not limited edition. Score. $36*
5) Trish McEvoy Instant Pick-Me-Up All Over Face Color Quad – The Beauty Bug hearts this quad that allows you to bronze, blush, luminize and highlight. It’s a do-it-all-and-then-some product; one stop shopping! The only let down? It doesn’t come with the compact. The Color Quad only will set you back $42, while the compact is an additional $17.50.**
6) Benefit’s One Hot Minute – This loose rose-gold powder perks up any skin tone without any glitter, or too much shimmer. It gives skin a beautiful, subtle, sun-kissed sheen that’s nearly colorless on cheeks. Fair complected girls may be able to get away with using this in place of a bronzer, where darker complected girls use this as an enhancer. Toss the brush that it comes with, and use one in your stash. Dash a bit on your shoulders and collar bone for some more flare. $30*
*Disclosure: A press sample was provided to The Beauty Bug.
**Disclosure: The Beauty Bug tested this product during Her lunch break at Neiman’s.