While shopping in Macy’s a few months ago, The Beauty Bug made a quick stop at the Lancome counter to check out their new Oscillation Powerfoundation – a micro-vibrating mineral foundation (She’s not a fan, but that’s another post for another time). Also interested in the new foundation was an older woman who just couldn’t believe her eyes. “What will they think of next?”, she asked as she shook her head and walked away.
L’Oreal’s True Match Roller, to answer her question. Yes, a mini paint roller that applies foundation.
Gimmick? Maybe. But, The Beauty Bug is just going to come out and say it – She likes it because it’s….fun. And simple. The creamy, smooth formulation and the buildability factor aren’t half bad either. With this product, L’Oreal combines a novelty applicator with a solid, matte, foundation, and it works.
A few things to about the roller..
- Before going to purchase, make sure you know what color family you belong and about the undertones in your skin (warm vs cool). The display will help guide you by asking what color jewelry looks best on you, but for a quick refresher course, refer to the second paragraph here.
- Yes, it’s silly and it’s probably not the best choice if you apply your makeup in public, or on the subway while you’re going to work, but… the roller contraption just makes sense.
- Have tissues handy when you’re using it. They will help you roll off any access product and clean the roller.
- Don’t worry, the roller doesn’t leave any streaks or striations.
- Contrary to the claims, the roller isn’t bendy, but it is semi-flexible and you can maneuver it into the crevices around your nose.
- The roller is a great tool for those who suffer from “my face is darker than my neck” syndrome.
- It’s easy and quick! For those that have shied away from liquid or cream foundation due to fear of properly blending it, this is a welcome, affordable segway.
- The foundation and the roller yield seamless, smooth, beautiful coverage.
- It lasts throughout the work day.
- No, it’s not the best drugstore foundation, but all things considered (the unique, easy application experience paired with the better-than-average foundation) it’s a pretty good option.
Thanks, L’Oreal for adding some fun and enjoyment to The Beauty Bug’s morning makeup routine.
L’Oreal’s True Match Roller is available at CVS for $13.99.
Disclosure: A press sample was provided to The Beauty Bug by CVS.