Empty display, after empty display. That was the unfortunate pattern that the Beauty Bug kept encoutering while on a quest for Revlon’s new ColorBurst Lip Butter.
It’s clear – these butters are the new hot ticket item. And rightfully so – they are addictive. Part balm, and part lipstick – they are wholly incredible. They come in 20 delicious shades, glide on like a slipper, have a generous color-payoff, and moisturize exponentially with mango, shea and coconut butters.
Here’s what you need to know before buying them:
- Stick with the bolder, bright colors and medium-toned neutrals. Those are the colors with the most pigmentation that differentiate the line. While colors like Sugar Frosting may be tempting – put it back and go for something more rich.
- Not to worry - these aren’t waxy in the least bit.
- If you’re one that has always wanted to wear a red lip but shied away, try Cherry Tart. The color is buildable and just gorgeous. You’re welcome.
- Pink Truffle is The Beauty Bug’s favorite. The dusty pink color is wearable on any skin tone and perfect for both everyday and evening makeup.
- The frosted/glitter-enhanced shades (Creme Brulee, Sugar Frosting) are slightly grainy.
- The colors dry down to a soft stain, but do plan on reapplying throughout the day.
So, as Paula Deen would say – “y’all can never have too much butter!” And so is the case with these….
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters are available at drugstores nationwide for $7.49.
Disclosure: Press samples were provided to The Beauty Bug, and She also purchased some Herself.