Makeup artist Monica Blunder was inspired by the spring 2012 fashion shows where the makeup was fresh but still very glamorous. Since Dianna’s red Giles dress was so “va va voom,” Monika focused on the lips to be the stand out feature.
- Monika kept Julianna’s skin simple and fresh with a bit of L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Light Ivory to give skin a light glow.
- Since the focus was kept on her lips, only a small amount of L’Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Celestial (Pink) was applied to the apples of cheeks.
- The bold red lip stole the show; Monika applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Bold Bordeaux for lasting shine and pigment.
- The eyes were highlighted with a hint of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte with Vaseline applied over it to create added shine.
- The L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black was lightly applied around the rim of the eye and Monika applied several coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara in Black to complete the look.
Makeup artist Heather Currie was inspired by Julie’s classic Reem Acra, peachy-champagne dress. To match her Grace Kelly-esque hair, Heather created an old Hollywood glam makeup moment with a neutral palette for the face and lips (with hints of pink) and defined, smoky eyes.
Step by Step How-To:
- To create the base look, Heather started with an Armani foundation.
- Next, she applied L’Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Celestial to the apples of Julie’s cheeks to create a radiant, natural and youthful glow.
- On the eyes, Heather created a winged tip eye with L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black.
- She also used L’Oréal Paris Extra-Intense Carbon Black Eyeliner to precisely define the rest of the eyes.
- Heather used a sheer amount of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Continues Cocoa in the creases of Julie’s eyes.
- She then blended L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte and Eternal Sunshine to create a sultry, smoky eye effect.
- An extra dab of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte was used under the eyebrow line to add additional definition and depth.
- Lips were kept natural with a hint of color using L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Le Gloss in Golden Splash.
Makeup artist Leslie Lopez loved Freida’s gorgeous eyes and really wanted to channel a young Sophia Lore, making Freida’s eyes the focal point of her look.
Step by Step How-To:
- Leslie gave Freida a flawless face by starting with L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Foundation in W6 (Sun Beige).
- She created a sun-kissed look on the cheeks with L’Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Cherubic.
- For Freida’s eyelids, she used L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Bronzed Taupe, and Iced Latte on the brow bone for an extra pop of shimmer.
- Leslie gave the look an extra layer of smokiness with L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in black before curling her lashes and applying a few coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Black.
- To keep Freida’s eyes the focus, she kept her lips on the natural side with L’Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Lingering Mocha, a soft mauve.
For Julianna’s makeup, artist Kris Buckle was inspired by Julianna’s deep mauve, metallic Naeem Khan dress. He wanted to create something that would complement its texture and liquid-like flow and accentuate her olive skin.
- To keep Julianna’s complexion looking flawless he used L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Soft Ivory.
- For her cheeks he applied L’Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Plume.
- The eyes really took center stage with a soft smoky eye that was created with watercolor-like shades using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Bronzed Taupe, Eternal Sunshine and Iced Latte.
- To tie the look together Kris used a hint L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte on Julianna’s upper cheeks to tie in the eyes and glowing tones of her skin.
- Lips were left unlined and highlighted natural tones (with a hint of mauve) using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Forever Frappe.
Makeup artist Jake Bailey was inspired by Sarah’s Monique L’huillier blue and white gown (which was chosen by Sarah’s two year old daughter). For the night, Jake wanted to make the eyes the main focus to complement the bold color of the dress.
- To start, Jake used L’Oréal Paris Extra-Intense Carbon Black Eyeliner to rim and define the top and bottom lash lines.
- To accentuate Sarah Michelle’s lashes he coated them with L’Oréal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black.
- He perfected her skin by buffing a dime size dollop L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Caramel Beige over Sarah Michelle’s entire face and finished it with a dusting of Guerlain Mineral Powder in Les Violettes.
- Jake used a powder bronzer from Nars in Laguna to warm her complexion and brightened her cheeks with a swirl Benefit’s Coralista, a shimmery coral blush.
- He lined Sarah Michelle’s lips and filled them in with Urban Decay’s a nude liner, Wallflower.
- Jake finished the look by applying L’Oréal Paris Infallible 8hr plumping gloss in plumping pink to add shine and dimension.
- For her body he mixed equal parts AHAVA mineral body lotion and M.A.C. strobe cream to add a healthy sheen to her shoulders arms and decolletage.
- Angela began by applying CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige-Pastel on the face and eye lids, as a base.
- On the eyes, she used the grey shadow shades from the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Smoky Eyes to create a light smoky effect on the upper lid, then adding CHANEL Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Black Shimmer to the top lash.
- Angela then defined the brows with CHANEL Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Blond Clair and added two coats of CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir on the top and bottom lashes.
- On Michelle’s cheeks she applied CHANEL Powder Blush in Rose Ecrin that gave a perfect flush.
- She completed the look with CHANEL Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in Perle.
CHANEL Celebrity Makeup Artist Kara Yoshimoto Bua took inspiration from Jessica’s coloring and her white gown. “I wanted to keep it simple and bright in the corals and neutral tones,” said Bua.
- Jessica’s look began with CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige-Sable. It was then set with CHANEL Natural Finish Pressed Powder in Natural.
- CHANEL Powder Blush in In Love was applied to the cheeks for a healthy glow.
- To make her eyes pop, Bua defined them with the deep warm brown and taupe colors from the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Prelude, and applied the shimmery gold/champagne shades as highlights on the lid.
- CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir was applied to the top lashes and CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Brun, on lower lashes for a more natural effect.
- The look was finished with CHANEL Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in Paradis for a fresh, healthy look.
CHANEL Celebrity makeup artist Rachel Goodwin created an impactful makeup look highlighted by a dramatic eye shape using shades of pewter and gunmetal to complement the metallic details on Emma’s stunning Lanvin dress.
Products used included REVLON PhotoReady Perfecting Primer, REVLON PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup in Nude, CHANEL Powder Blush in Orchid Rose, CHANEL Intense Eye Pencil in Noir, REVLON ColorStay 16H Eyeshadow Quad in Precocious, CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir and REVLON ColorBurst Lip Butter in Lollipop.